Tuesday, January 26, 2010

FILM #4 : Julie & Julia



I was attracted to this movie because of 3 great reasons; 1. Based on not only 1 but 2 true stories! 2. Meryl Streep and 3. It was about coking. What not to like. Meryl Streep is about as good as it gets. I am so excited and a fan since The Devil Wears PRADA. My only problem with MS in this movie is because she is acting as Stanley Tucci wife in this movie which is very disturbing because they were also in TDWP. I kept on imagining both of them in TDWP were making love in this movie. EEEEWWWW!!!


Meanwhile JC and Avis have a very brilliant friendship indeed. I was so touch when they first met after been writing for so long as pen pal. As much as I love the movie there is one part that is missing; JC struggle in writing her cooking book was not shown.


Amy Adams was not quite there yet in early of the film because I can’t really felt the struggle of Julie Powell. But she was kinda okay towards the end. I like the short term goal introduce by JP in the film. I am now practicing it in my life for 2010. And I was so shock to learn that JP never ate egg in her life until she had to do a recipe using one. Yup, egg, egg!


You have to admit by the end of the film JP and his husband are almost cute together. “Are you back? Please be back”. I almost had tears during this part.


Julia Child hair do was done superbly in this film. JC was portrait chirpy and has this very squeaky voice. What I was really wondering during the movie was does she really speak like that in real life? Then I read in JC Wikipedia this, “She attracted the broadest audience with her cheery enthusiasm, distinctively charming warbly voice, and unpatronising and unaffected manner." So again MS has done tremendously.


My favourite quote was, “The only American in Paris who thinks shopping for food is as much fun as buying a dress” said by JC. The reason why my No.3 great reason that attracted me to watch this movie was about cooking is because I’m in the middle of my mood in learning about cooking and I found it very much the same as JC; shopping for food is as fun and exciting as shopping for clothes!


At the end of the movie I was crush when Julie said that Julia hates her and thought the idea of the blog was kind of a pill on; wasn’t respectful or serious or something as being summarized by JP. When I really hope she admires it. Did JC really hates JP was never really mention in the movie. And did JP and JC ever met in real life? And was JC barren or was she too old to have child?


Quoted in JULIA CHILD WIKIPEDIA: "Child is reported to have been unimpressed by Powell's blog, believing Powell's determination to cook every recipe in Mastering the Art of French Cooking in a year to be a stunt. Child's editor, Judith Jones, said in an interview: "Flinging around four-letter words when cooking isn’t attractive, to me or Julia. She didn’t want to endorse it. What came through on the blog was somebody who was doing it almost for the sake of a stunt. She would never really describe the end results, how delicious it was, and what she learned. Julia didn’t like what she called ‘the flimsies.’ She didn’t suffer fools, if you know what I mean."

No comments:

Post a Comment

ha,nak LAHAR lah tue!